Marsh Brothers Aviation AeroLas™-Flex is based on a material that was originally developed by Marsh Brothers’ sister company and used for more than 20 years in various marine, industrial and hydro power applications. AeroLas™-Flex has been adapted for use in the aviation industry. Due to its inherent toughness, chemical resistance, low temperature performance and vibration energy absorption, AeroLas™-Flex is the standard for aircraft red oil systems in primary seal and piston wiper applications. AeroLas™-Flex has also been used to replace rubber in bumper applications.
Caution: AeroLas™-Flex is not compatible with phosphate ester hydraulic fluid,commercially known as Skydrol. Exposure to phosphate ester hydraulic fluidcontamination will damage seals and wipers.
- Abrasion resistance
- Tough, tear and cut resistance
- Lightweight replacement for metals
- Oil & solvent resistance
- Ozone & oxidation resistance, reduced noise & improved vibration/shock absorption, low compression set
- Hardness ranges from shore 30(a) to 75(D)
- Wide array of colours
- Can be bonded to metal and other elastomers
- Temperature ranges from -60°C to 105°C (-80°F to 225°F)